Our family absolutely loved this recipe. It’s easy, fast and we had all the ingredients already. Nothing out of the ordinary is needed for these pancakes. I even was able to try out the new avocado oil from Costco. I love the healthier oil options we have these days. (Picture below) I hope you get to make these and enjoy them as much as we all did. And not to mention….toddler approved 🙂
1 cup Unbleached all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour (I used 1/2 cup unbleached flour and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and only King Arthur brand flour)
1 Tbsp Raw sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup Silk Almond Milk
2 Tbsp Avocado oil or Melted butter (I used butter the first time around)
1/4 tsp All Spice
Splash of Real Vanilla
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, all spice and salt in a small bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together Silk, oil/butter, vanilla and egg.
3. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon just to moisten—a few lumps are fine.
4. Cook pancakes on a cast iron pan with avocado oil over medium heat. I put just enough oil to cook the pancake, maybe 1/4 tsp.
5. Cook until you see little bubbles and flip, continue cooking until done. Maybe 1 minute longer once flipped.
I served these delicious pancakes with uncured turkey bacon from Costco (I highly recommend this turkey bacon brand-picture below) and scrambled eggs with almond milk whisked into the eggs.
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend!!