We all have days when we are not feeling our best. We feel bloated, fat and just down right yucky. When I start feeling this way I make my favorite meal and eat it often. Mainly at dinner time. After eating it for dinner the first night I feel so much better the next day. This is also my key way to losing the baby weight this time around also. I lost the baby weight twice as fast this time around. The first time it took me a bit longer. It tastes really really good too! It is approved by my husband and toddler also. So this is our go to meal. It is simple, easy and budget friendly. We are doing Dave Ramsey’s Snowball so this is a great meal on a lower meal budget.
1.5 lb Organic Ground Turkey (From Costco, or 1 lb package from the store)
2-3 Cans Black beans
3 Bell Peppers
4 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
Organic tortilla chips
Cast Iron pan. You need to add everything together. A dutch oven would work just fine also.
This meal feeds us 3 for about 4 days.
- Cook ground turkey on stove and set aside. *picture below
2. While turkey is cooking cut up Bell Peppers *picture below
3. Cook the bell peppers for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
4. Drain 1-2 cans of black beans. Depending on how many cans you put in your recipe. If you put in 3 cans, drain 2 cans. If you put in two cans, drain 1 can. Make sure to put in one can of black beans, not drained, into the recipe.
5. Add the cooked turkey, black beans and taco seasoning to the bell peppers. Mix together and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
Enjoy! And enjoy often! I hope this concoction makes you feel better as much as it did for me.